Question 2

How is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

Audience 

So the first thing I did was clearly identify my potential target audience of my magazine and other ancillary tasks, this is so that my products would all appeal to the same audience and link well together. My conclusion with my target audience was 18-30 year olds that have a fairly passionate interest in football and could stereotypically be male. The audience that I was looking to aim towards were from the North East so then I had to make my magazine regional. 
In order to keep a fair amount of cohesion throughout the whole magazine by having similar fonts, color schemes, images and styles so that the audience are well aware what magazine they are reading.



Regional Identity

The audience I am aiming towards will be from the North East and therefore I looked to make my magazine regional. So making my products I looked to aim at Newcastle, Durham, Gateshead and also Sunderland because those are the areas I am most familiar with. These areas are also the most popular and well known so it will be easier to aim to. In order to make this clear I included some essential information on the cover, displaying that the magazine will contain information about the likes of Durham and Newcastle. This continues into the contents page as well.










Fonts
For all of my products I used similar if not the same fonts throughout in order for my magazine to be much more consistent and cohesive in order to create synergy and make my logo noticeable for the audience. The main font I used for the front cover was millionaire, taken from Dafont as this is very fitting for the look I am going for.




Color Scheme 
For the color scheme throughout my magazine I kept consistent. Some of the colors that I used within my magazine were black, white, and some uses of red. My reasoning for picking these colors is because they link very well with the region of the North East. The colors are also big, bright an bold which can make the magazine stand out more, the magazine then also appears more masculine which then caters more to my potential target audience. The contrast between the black and white, with eh red also makes the magazine appear more visually striking to the reader. By having the colors that I have decided to use are also more mature and serious which in turn could appeal and show to the audience that I am aiming to a more older group of people.






Masthead 

For my masthead I looked to make it short, catchy and easy to remember. In do this I came up with a few ideas for a possible masthead and came to the conclusion of 'The Score'. This I feel is well suited for my magazine, this masthead also links well with my chosen genre, of a football magazine.










Comments